You Are Reading

OUGD603: Brief 1 - SAC Ampleforth // Generating a colour scheme

I've started to develop the colour scheme for SAC Ampleforth, whilst I ponder the next step for the logo design - just to keep this brief moving. I've spend a couple of days at Bloom this week, where I had my placement over summer. I sit next to the guy who works on most of the branding projects within the creative team - I noticed he was using coolors. Coolors is a website which generates a range of colour schemes based on your input, or it can be complete random. I decided to give it a go for this project and see how it looks.



Coolors allows you to enter the HEX of any existing colours you might need to work with, which you can then generate colours around this. 


I imported the logo in photoshop and sampled the existing colour to get the HEX code, using the eye dropper tool. Fairly straightforward stuff. 


I added the HEX into Coolors, which then generated colours which complemented and contrasted with the first colour in an aesthetically pleasing manner. 


The colours I've ended up with are all fairly reserved - not too brash. Almost pastel like, which I think works well. It's the opposite to what a lot of sports centres are doing - brash almost fluorescent colours have been used, in your face. Whereas these are fresh, and different, setting SAC aside from the competition. 

I adopted the idea of using something different from David Airey - which I will link when I find the post about colour. 

Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.