You Are Reading

OUGD603: Brief 15 - Yorkshire Tea // Brewing Instructions Development

On the back of the Yorkshire Tea box, there are instructions for brewing time. Adam and I want to tidy this section of the box up, and simplify the design, so the box's design feels more consistent. 

I want to visually represent a timer. When I've visited tea shops in the past I've been given a hourglass which times 3-5 minutes – so you're able to decide your tea strength. For example pictured below Eteaket in Edinburgh, which I've visited a few times. (image not my own)


You can see the hourglass pictured next to the tea pot. It's a nice touch to allow control of the brewing accurately – which is always appreciated by tea connoisseurs. 


I sampled an image of some timers to illustrate to see if they work visually, if they're appropriate for the style of the box. 


Upon experimentation, I decided that they don't really work. The icons will be fairly small, and it's difficult to illustrator sand and glass on a small scale. A change of direction was needed. 

Click here to see the new direction

Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.